 Marketplace / Appraisal / 261
Re: Market Values: Database or Other Resources?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 06:14:05 GMT

"Kyle D. Jackson" wrote:
The reason I've been doing this is ebaY does not seem to have a
way of searching for auctions after they close.  This seems
pretty dumb, so I assume it's just because I can't find the
way to do it.  I mostly use www.ca.ebay.com (ebaY Canada) so
maybe there's a difference in site functionality.  Anyhow, is
there a way to search for closed auction results?  If so, for
how long are the results available?  If this exists for a
decent period, like 6 months or something, then I can stop
spending time maintaining this silly database.

There is a way to search closed auctions: if you're using the little
search box that appears on most screens, just do your normal search
first, then when you get the result page, there should be a link below
the search box that says "Search COmpleted Items". Click that, and it
will do the same search in teh last 15 days of completed auctions. (When
I first started using eBay it was the last 2 months, but their volums
has increased so much they can't keep that amount of data online). You
can also get it using the main search page - on teh Find Items page,
there's a tab at the top of the search form which says "Completed
Items".

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
Open Air Market: Limited edition kit