 Local / United States / Wisconsin / Milwaukee / *95 (-20)
  Hello to Milwaukee Area

Hello, I have finally settled in Milwaukee after a year of crazy transition. I've unpacked the Lego in my Lego basement and run into a few people at TRU. Anyone in the area, say hello, and drop by. Maybe we could organize a club. -Erik (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Franklin Public Library

Hi, I just surfed over to the Franklin Public Library site to renew my library books, and discovered that they have had a link to "Cool lego site of the week". (URL) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Just visiting?

(...) Hey Eric, I am going to be starting up a Lego-figure-based dungeon crawl soon, probably only running it 2 times a month, if you want to join in let me know and I can slot you a character space. Here's some more info if you need to make up your (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Just visiting?

I'll be back in Milwaukee Mar 30. (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Just visiting?

Hi. I'm heading for Milwaukee tonight. Would anyone like to help unpack my Lego sometime this weekend? -Erik (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

(...) I like "NERDmasses" or perhaps "Dorkomglomerations" or maybe "Local chapters of the society for the monetarily challenged and plastically blessed" (LCSMCPB) (...) and WHY not?!? Dude I *totally* challenge you to come up here and raise heck in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

"Mike Rayhawk" <rayhawk@artcenter.edu> wrote in message news:GMzJ59.Au5@lugnet.com... (...) A nitpick, if I may: [1] BrickFest(TM) is a trademark of WAMALUG, and the corresponding event is held annually in Washington DC. They don't really appreciate (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

(...) But making a fool of yourself is the whole point! This isn't chess after all. I've never been to any of these Brickfests myself but I'd hazard a guess that there will be at least one or two experienced players there who can take care of (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

I haven't heard about Gencons location, so I assumed it was still in Milwaukee. If it has moved, pooie! The whole point was to learn how to play BEFORE brickfest so I could play and not 1) make a fool of myself and 2) enjoy myself and not have to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

(...) the (...) Hmm, I know they are eventually moving it, but I can't remember when, I thought it wasn't going to happen for a couple years yet. Well if it's not there this year, then I guess we will just have to find another excuse to get (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

Hmmm I heard the last one was the last year for GenCon to be here. Of course things can change without notice I'm sure. Though there was something about the costs I believe. Tamy (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

(...) That meeting was at my house, we are having it again the Saturday of Gencon, if people want to get together again. If you will let me know what we need to play, I will get it ready for for that day. If there isnt a big draw for Brikwars, we (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

(...) I can't be driving out to Wi right now, but as I am in Milwaukee every August (for Gencon) maybe we (ie AFOLs in the area) could have a LUG meeting and play some Brikwars afterwards. Someone was having a meeting in the area this year, but alas (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

I will teach you how to play if you can fly me out there for a weekend or can come to DC for a visit. All kidding aside, get a group together with the rules nearby, try it out and skip the hard rules like Cost Points and Vehicle Turn Radii at first. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: I wanna play brikwars!

Hmmm I don't know how to play either, though I'd be willing to be a participant in a game. :) especially if it's castle brikwars! Tamy (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  I wanna play brikwars!

Is there any one in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area that would be willing to teach me how to play. I have looked at the web site, but I think I would learn much better hands on... Any takers? LMK Sarah (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  In Milwaukee

I will be in Milwaukee on Monday and Tuesday nights this week. Would anyone be interested in a get together? I am not totally sure what my schedule will allow for, but if you are interested in the possibility, please let me know. Thanks! Jake --- (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: 7171

(...) Cool, thanks. Travis (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: 7171

(...) Yeah, I have seen a couple of them lately... but it wasn't the Target 3 pack, so I don't remember exactly where it was... I know I have seen a couple at the TRU at Brookfield Square and s 27th st. That may be it right now. They were priced at (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  7171

Has anyone recently seen Mos Espa 7171 or the bonus 3 pack it is in at any local retailers in the Milwaukee/N. IL area? thanks for any info in advance, Travis (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact