 Local / United States / Wisconsin / Milwaukee / 88
Re: I wanna play brikwars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 07:22:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, Sarah Mather writes:
The whole point was to learn how to play BEFORE brickfest so I could play
and not 1) make a fool of myself and 2) enjoy myself and not have to fixate
on the rules.

But making a fool of yourself is the whole point!  This isn't chess after all.

I've never been to any of these Brickfests myself but I'd hazard a guess
that there will be at least one or two experienced players there who can
take care of keeping track of the rules (as much as the rules need keeping
track of, which isn't much) enough to leave any newcomers free to just play
and enjoy themselves.  It's all a trick, anyway - past a certain point,
knowing too many of the rules is nothing but a disadvantage.  Kind of like
real life, right?

- Mike.