 Local / United States / Wisconsin / Green Bay / 9
8  |  10
Subject:
Possible Get Together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi.grb, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mad, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:27:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I'm posting this to see if there is any response to having a
local/larger get together in the Milwaukee WI area.  After the Fest in
DC and watching the web cams I've been trying to work on getting some
rooms at the College where I work, I should find out a little more about
this sometime this week hopefully.  She's running it past her
supervisor!!!

We are probably looking at the weekend of Aug 11 and 12, The school
normally isn't open on sundays :( If it comes back that I can't get any
rooms at school I've started to check into a few other places though
there would probably end up being a charge in that case :(  (I've been
told by someone that the charge for the rooms isn't that bad if that's
the case I'd probably just eat that cost myself)

I'm looking to see how many would be able to show or when would be a
better time, I know there's been a lot going on with the DC fest, then
KidV, and if we do this... that could lead to a lot of travel time for
some people.  If I'm going to pay for some rooms I want to be sure I
don't over book the rooms or that I do have enough space for everyone.
If for some reason we don't do it this year, I'd sure like to get
something together for next summer, I know most people don't like to
travel long distances in the middle of winter. You never know what kind
of weather you're going to run into.

Questions:
If I have to find some place else and there's a charge how many would be
willing to pay?
How much do you think it would be worth?
What do you want to see?
What would you want to have available?
Any special needs of anyone?
Any other suggestions!!! (Greatly appreciate I've never tried to plan
something like this before... so I'm sure I'll miss some things...
Especially from anyone that's done one of these!)

thanks for reading!
Tamy

--
Keep on Bricken'