 Local / United States / Texas / Austin / 18
17  |  19
Subject:
Robosport competitors wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:11:05 GMT

Kevin Calman wrote:

Has anyone seen

[ Robosports add-on ]

set or the Extreme Creatures add-on set in any local venues? How
about prices?

I found them at the Target on North 183 (Lake Creek), but at MSRP. Has
anyone noticed prices at the local TRU's?

    For that matter, does any one own them and /or have an opinion of
them? I've heard negative feedback on the latter set. I haven't been
able to form my own opinion of the main LMS set yet, as it ain't
Hanukkah yet...

    This is a bit premature, at least on my part, but has anyone lent any
thought to getting together for local Robosports competitions? As I haven't
opened the boxes yet, I don't know for sure, but I assume that construction
and programming directions are given with the set for robots designed for
specific purposes; e.g., in the Robosports case, soccer or tag or some such.
At $250 per robot, I can barely afford one, no less two for head-to-head
competition, so I thought getting together with like-minded LUGers would be
fun, especially for kids. Any takers?
Opinions herein are exclusively my own, unless you share them.
Kevin Calman     codex@earthling.net    Austin, TX USA      O-