 Local / United States / Texas / Austin / 16
Re: Target Halloween buckets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 16:54:19 GMT

Scott Smallbeck wrote:

I was at my local Target at 8:00am and there was a mad rush of people snapping
up all of the clearance stuff.  I then went to four more Targets that make a
nice circle back to my house (I was gone a total of an hour and a half), by
the time a got to the last Target the Halloween shelves were bare.

Only two of the five stores had any buckets left (I saw several people
checking out with them at a couple f the stores that were sold out),  I
managed to pick up 33 buckets in all, I was hoping for 40.  They were priced
at $4.99 each.

Lucky!  The service desk at a local Target told me the that they were supposed
to be 50% off (they were price checking at $9.99 still) so I grabbed all 18
unopened buckets they had.  The cashier didn't know how to ring them up at 50%
off so he called over a manager.  The manager called the toy department who said
they weren't 50% off (like every other Halloween item in the store), so they
wouldn't give me 50% off!  :-(

I bought 1 bucket.  My wife called the Target today and asked when they would be
discounted.  The manager said he called headquarters who told him they were
discontinued but not clearanced.