 Local / United States / Texas / 65
64  |  66
Subject:
Thoughts from setting a Lego asle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 10:57:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all
Earlier this week I set the Lego asle at the major retail store I work at.
Out of the 24ft of conctruction toys 16ft went to Lego, while the other 8ft
went to megablocks and knex. This setup is our holiday set, so I'm going to
talk about what we kept, what went and what is selling.
  In the first  four foot section (the best visibility wise) are the Bob the
Builder, Jack Stone and soccar sets. I was surprised that the soccer sets
were staying and in a prime location, then I realized Harry Potter sets
haven't come yet. So I'm thinking Harry Potter will replace the soccer sets
when they come out later this year.
I also ckecked the ROS (rate of sale) of the new items. Bob the builder
sets are flying of the selves, but Jack Stone is not selling. The ROS on the
bigger sets was zero, meaning even though we have had this sets for weeks we
haven't sold a single one. The smaller sets haven't sold either, only about
two a week.
Going down the asle we have the Life on Mars, Alphia Team and racer
sets,with all of them selling decently. I'm a bit shocked that the racer set
are selling. I mean who want to buy those pieces of junk?
On the bottom of the third section are the new Star Wars sets. In the final
4ft section there's bulk buckets, Duplo, Technic, Dinosours, and Jurssic
Park 3 sets. The only non-2001 one sets left are the soccer ones, while the
new studio sets were clearanced.
Now most of the third section is home home to the hottest selling item in
our whole toy department: Bionicle. We can't hardly kept them instock. Lego
sent us two display pallets, of which half was Bionicle. We blew out of the
Bionicle sets in days!
In summary Bionicle apears to be a major success, while Jack Stone is dead
cold.

Just some thoughts
Shawn Gibson
Texan, AFOL &