 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 94
93  |  95
Subject:
NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:29:28 GMT

All followups to LUGNET.ORG.US and LUGNET.LOC.US.MA.BOS (because that is where
TCS is).

As most of you know many of us in NELUG are going to work on a Window Display
at The Construction Site in Waltham MA ( www.constructiontoys.com ).  We hope
to have this set up some time early in 2000.

There are 2 main things I would like to discuss here.  One is to Brainstorm as
to the theme/setting of the display and, second is to post what you can
contribute to a display.

I have a number of ideas for the settings so please add more ideas if you have
them or post which theme you would most be interested.  Here is my initial
list.

1.  Large Modular Castle that takes up most of the window.

2.  Castle Battle scene that includes 1 or 2 Castles with a large battle
underway.

3.  Medieval setting where we have a castle with a Medieval type town outside
the gates.

4.  Medieval town being pillaged by the "Bad Guy's".

5.  Mystery and Magic where we have a Castle and/or a Wizards keep and Magic
rules the land.

I guess my favorite would be #3 but I like #1 and #5 a lot too.  Of course I
would be happy to contribute to any of these.  Also remember we would like to
use some of the 2000 Castle sets as well.

I don't have a lot to contrubute a the moment but I do have the following.

1.  Small Church ( http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/church/ )

2.  Market ( http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/market/ )

3.  A few minifigs (Mostly SW peasants)

4.  I have a lot of gray bricks that can be used for a castle if needed.
(Maybe a building day?).

I plan on doubling the size of the market and I personally like these sections
on the Tan 16x32 baseplates (gives a more worn look) plus I have quite a few
16x32 Tan baseplates so it is convinient for me.  I also want to try and build
some rural houses/buildings as well so I might be able to contribute something
there as well.

If you have any ideas or have some contributions please post them so we can see
what we have to work with.

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/