 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 54
Re: Next NELUG meeting and potential Group project(s).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.ri
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:27:01 GMT

Hi,

Sorry, URL typing problems.  Should be
http://www.bigdig.com

Ken

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Ken Hetling writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ma, David Eaton writes:
Or maybe try and do something specific to Boston? Again, I don't know about • the
feasibility of this... in order to build things like REAL buildings in • minifig
scale, we need a LARGE number of pieces, even if we just do the bottoms of
buildings... or maybe a scene of historical Boston? Anyway, if we did that,
we'd probably each have a building (or more) assigned or something, rather • than
base it on road plates... Anyway, a thought.

If enough bricks are available, the utilmate Boston themed project would
be the Big Dig (see http://www/bigdig.com).  Lots of room for technic,
robotics, and rectangular bricks.  The cable stayed bridge over the
Charles River would make a very elegant model.

Has anyone modeled any aspects of the Dig?

Ken

laterz,
Dave