 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 48
Re: Request for opinions on additional nelug.org functionality and LUGNET posting procedures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:24:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Eric Kingsley writes:

1.  I have been thinking of adding a "Trading Post" to www.nelug.org.

This area would allow for two ways to post 1. If someone allready has a
trading
page I could just link to it.  2.  People could submit their pieces needed to
me and I would post them on a simple text page that would be updated
periodically.

This sounds like a good idea to me, but I'd suggest doing the page in a list
format and perhaps only making it available to folks who pay a certain amount
in dues (even if it's a very small level).  If a member with any amount of time
and ability could, doing it with a CGI script (maybe a modified guestbook?)
would save you the effort of inputting the data by hand (although you might
still need to remove entries after trades are found/parts are no longer
needed).

Should I continue to cross post all of these messages or not?

I'd say crosspost meeting announcements, but move other general discussion to
somewhere else.

Wasn't there talk of a clubs/organisations hierarchy?  Was that scrapped
completely, or is there a chance for an NELUG LUGNET group?

eric