 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 36
35  |  37
Subject:
NELUG Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.vt
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:43:34 GMT

Just thought I would give a quick update.

We had our second meeting on August 31st at my house and we had 5 attendies.
David Eaton brought the head and one of the legs of his AT-AT that he is
building and all jaws dropped it is comming along very nicely.  David also
brought a minifig scale grand piano that was very nice as well.

Most of the meeting was dedicated to talking about the MIT Mindfest and what
our role would be.  Suzanne was there to give us all the details and it seems
that we can be as active (or inactive) as we would like.  We can have a table
with a display and a room for a large meeting.  We will hopefully be able get
into all the other events there (plus maybe meet a LEGO rep who knows!).

One great idea Eric Joslin had would be to set up a computer with a very large
screen and have lDraw demos.  We could even have some models of our own that to
show both the LEGO version and the lDraw version.  At the moment we want to be
as active as we possibly can be.  This is a great opportunity for us to
increase our exposure and develop interest in something we all have a passion
for.

Other ideas are welcome and we will be further refining what our role is over
the next few weeks.

We will be trying to schedule a meeting for latter this month.  If anyone has
any ideas on dates and places for the meeting please let us know.

Most of all our first two meetings have been a ball just talking shop and
shareing ideas so if you want to join please do, it's free.  If you have joined
but have not made a meeting yet please feel free to come it is alot of fun.

I will be updateing the NELUG home page either today or tomorrow with some of
this information.

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/