 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 35
34  |  36
Subject:
Update (Re: Next NELUG meeting and an E-mail Issue.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.ri
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:46:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Eric Kingsley writes:
I wanted to let you all know I am having a problem sending E-mails out to all
of you.  It seems that when I include you all on an E-mail the pair mail
router is interpreting it as SPAM.  Of course it is not SPAM but I have a
couple of Ideas for a work-around and will be working on that.

As all NELUG Members should be aware, I solved this problem by setting up a
mailing list that all members can use to contact the group.  The mailing
address for the list was sent out in a mail message last week.  If you did not
get this message please let me know.

I also wanted to start throwing out some dates for the next NELUG meeting.
Preliminarily I was thinking that Tuesday, August 31st might be good.

I have received a number of favorable responses to this date so I am going to
go with it.  I have not had anyone offer a location for the meeting yet so
unless someone else can hold the meeting it will be in Melrose again.

I am going away for a long weekend starting friday and returning monday so I
will send out a meeting confirmation mid-week and won't be reachable until
sometime monday afternoon or evening.

I think that our main topic of conversation would be discussing the MIT
Mindfest to see what we can do there.  Besides that we can talk about any
other ideas people have for the direction of NELUG as well as just other fun
LEGO talk.

I have recieved a favorable response for sponsoring this event from a number
of members so unless things change I think we will do this event.  It is a
great opportunity for us to gain some exposure and I don't want to miss it.

One note on NELUG membership.  I have been thinking and just wanted everyone
to know that any money spent towards a NELUG event should be considered going
towards a paid membership.  Also hosting an event gets you a $10 credit
towards a paid membership.

NELUG is basically a catalist for developing a community of local people that
have a common interest.  It is not something that should (or will) make money
for myself or anyone else.  If at some point in the future we end up
collecting more in membership fee's then we have expenses the extra money will
go towards any one of the following...

1.  End-of-year bash.
2.  LEGO grab bag.
3.  Carry over to next year.
4.  etc. etc. etc.

We currently have 16 members of which 12 are Eastern Mass.,  2 are Western
Mass.,  1 Conn.,  and 1 NH.  So we have a strong base in Eastern Mass and that
is good.  I am hoping that we can build up some pockets of interest elsewhere
however so that there can be more meetings outside of Eastern Mass and all can
attend.

Eric

Remember to remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org