 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 26
Re: NELUG in Melrose MA on Tuesday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.nh
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:12:56 GMT

In message <FFyp8y.DD9@lugnet.com>, "Eric Kingsley" writes:
It looks like next Tuesday in Melrose is where we will have the first
meeting.  I am working on something at Bentley College (My alma mater) but I
don't think I can work out a free solution before next week.  I think meeting
places should be one of our points of discussion on Tuesday.

Tuesday conflicts with my wife's schedule so I'll put my two cents in
now.  (Actually I have a suspicion up front that I wouldn't be an
every-meeting member.)  I'd be happy with a Bentley location, and
though it's not terribly convenient to the T (IIRC) it's close enough
to work a carpool from Central Square in Waltham, which *is*
convenient to the T.  I think someone else had suggested Brandeis,
which I know is easy walking distance from a stop on the Fitchburg
commuter line, and has ample free evening parking.

I wonder if there's some way we could tie into the LEGO activities at
MIT to wangle a meeting room there somehow.  :-)

Another option for groups like this is to rotate among members' homes.
FWIW, I'm 1/4 mile from the West Concord stop on the Fitchburg line,
though I only moved here three years ago and haven't bought all the
furniture I should have yet.  (At least the place looks a little nicer
now that the floor is refinished.)

--
David A. Karr (karr@shore.net)