 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 15
Re: Interest in NELTC or other Lego Group. (NELUG?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 22:54:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Eric Kingsley writes:
Well I noticed that there hasn't been alot going on about this subject for a
little while but I have been thinking (A 1 person Brainstorm) and I have a few
ideas.

Yeah, the silence was deafening, wasn't it?

1.  First of all I will be attending this weekends "Golden Ticket Event" at
The Construction Site in Waltham and hope to maybe see some of you there:

http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/bos/?n=204
http://www.constructiontoys.com/

I wasn't even aware of this event until your post, so I'm not sure if I can
make it to TCS this Sunday.  I will try, though, since I had already built a
small model to bring over there for the Lego Builder's Exposition.

2.  Most groups like this have to start up small so I don't want to give up on
this if we only start with 2,3, or 4 active members.  If we get something
started and promote it well (Both on Lugnet and maybe a Web Site) then things
may start to grow.

Currently I have the following people that have responded to this thread and
what I take there status to be.

_________
1. Myself - Eric Kingsley - Willing to travel to most of Eastern New England
and occasionally further.  Lives North of Boston.

2. Chris Phillips - Willing to travel to most of Eastern New England.  Lives
South of Boston.

Like you, I would be willing to travel farther (on occasion) to attend a
meeting.

3.  Matthew Miller - Needs (T) access to meetings.  Lives in Cambridge.

4.  Larry Pieniazek -  Would have a distant (Geographically) interest.
___________

Also, Todd Lehman joined briefly in the earlier discussion.  I'm sure he can
speak for himself as to whether he has the time and inclination to join us,
but I understand that he does live in the area.  I'm sure he's plenty busy
keeping LUGNET humming, but you've gotta get out once in awhile...

3.  I would be willing to set up a simple 1 page web site as a starting point
if you all think it would be worth while.

This would be a good way to spread the word about this.  I'm not sure what you
would say about NELUG (?) yet, but if the interested parties can meet, then
maybe we could scratch out some ideas.

4.  Maybe after this weekends event I can collect a few more names and point
them towards LUGNET and help to develop interest.

5.  I would like to try and see if we can have get together (even if it is
just 2 or 3 of us) for a brainstorming session (Nothing formal, maybe a mini
Lego-fest) to get the ball rolling.

This would be a great idea.  I wouldn't mind meeting with a small, even
microscopic group to get things going.  Even an avalanche starts with a single
snowflake.

My schedule is somewhat crazy these days, but I'm sure I can clear an evening
or a weekend day soon.  A week from this Friday (date: August 6th) looks like
it would be ideal for me, but I'm not as inflexible as this paragraph probably
makes me sound.