 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 343
Re: Sunday gathering at Michael's place.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.org.us.bloc
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 18:19:24 GMT

In article <GIE2AD.8op@lugnet.com>,
"Joel Jacobsen" <arslaan@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

We also hashed over basic ideas for doing a LEGO display for a toy
show or other event in Columbus, per Michael's ideas. Everyone seemed to be
pretty interested in it and more details will be forth coming in the future.

I still think that Marcon[1] would be an appropriate event to try this
for, like the display MichLUG did at Contraption. We (the Marcon concom)
are having our first meeting for planning the '02 con in a few weeks;
I'll float the idea past our space allocation/programming folks and see
if a room could be set aside for this.

[1] Marcon is a *huge* science fiction/fantasy convention held at the
Hyatt Regency/GCCC on Memorial Day weekend. It is one of the largest
such conventions in the Midwest.

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com