 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 342
341  |  343
Subject:
Sunday gathering at Michael's place.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.org.us.bloc
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:54:13 GMT

I really enjoyed the gathering we had yesterday at Michael's place. He and
Erika were gracious hosts and deserve a big thank you for things going as
well as they did. Here's mine - Thanks!!!:)

And without further adieu, here are the pictures I took:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64967 -- My finger, Carolyn,
some of my smaller MOC's from the last year or so, Space Tank transport(?)
that Carolyn's son Geoff made. I'm sorry if I got the name of it wrong but I
think that's what he called it... :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64968 -- Geoff,
David/Scooter, Michael  all busy creating from Michael's collection.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64969 -- Carolyn, another
shot of Geoff's transport

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64970 -- Jorge and Angela

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64971 -- Geoff running the
train through the tunner that Scooter made, Michael searching for parts.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64972 -- Someone's arm,
Geoff, Scooter, Michael. Scooter's tunnel and "Arch Nemisis" in the
background, "antique" car I built near the bottom.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64973 -- Another shot of
Scooter's tunnel and Arch Nemisis, Scooter hisself!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64974 -- side shot of the
antique car I made. I love that Fabuland (?) roof!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64975 -- front shot of the car.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64976 -- little of
everything -- Jorge's "bug" collection, a Windmill (?), Angela's swivel arm
platform, my antique car, Michael's house hidden behing a Snapple.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64977 -- Closeup of Jorge's
bugs, Angela's swivel arm platform, my car.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64978 -- windmill, and part
of Michael's house.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64979 -- Michael's house, no
longer in hiding.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64980 -- Scooter's tunnel

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64981 -- And the train using it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64982 -- Scooter's "Arch
Nemisis" as he put it, he wanted to see what could be made using just one
kind of brick.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64983 -- Another shot

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64984 -- Carolyn's train
station roof. There are never enough red 1x1's around when you need
'em....at least within easy reach. :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64985 -- the other side of
Scooter's tunnel.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64986 -- Scooter, Michael,
Jorge, Erika

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64987 -- another shot of my
smaller MOC's and one of Geoff's hover tanks (top center). I was impressed
by the Pepsi can. It was so smooth.. can't even see the stepping of the bricks!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64988 -- a closeup of the
back of Geoff's transport

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=64989 -- a shot from the front.

That's all folks!

I really loved seeing Jorge's bugs - it was a cool idea and he did and
awesome job on them.

Scooter's Arch-man was probably my favorite over all and I caught a few
building tips from Michael's house since I was sitting near him and could
watch it's construction.

Geoff put some good attention into his transport but my camera didn't really
pick much of that up -- the blast panels over the crow's nest/cockpit he put
atop it were a great touch and the thing was pretty hefty all the way around
-- he was able to pick it up by the top without much concern (though we all
recommended he put a hand under it -- past experiences with things going
'boom' and all that.)

We discussed trying to find a library or other location with a conference
room that would allow us to schedule a monthly gathering  (preferably for
free). We also hashed over basic ideas for doing a LEGO display for a toy
show or other event in Columbus, per Michael's ideas. Everyone seemed to be
pretty interested in it and more details will be forth coming in the future.

I had a really good time meeting each of you who made it. And if you're in
Columbus and couldn't make it this time, start planning for next time --
once the location and date is settled on! :)

Joel J