 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 253
Re: Dec 3 get-together report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 07:20:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Carolyn Cheney writes:
Well, I had fun, but I must admit it would have been alot more fun with some
more people.  Just 3 adult Lego sorts (me, Steve Piehler, and Ben, the guy
found by Jorge), my husband, 2 kids in addition to mine, and their mother
who was rather amused that that there are other adults as crazy about Lego
as I am.  Now, she didn't decide that I might be normal after all, just that
there are others equally crazy.

I didn't get around to pictures.  The camera is still in a box somewhere
(everything is still in a box somewhere).  Steve and I did not have any of
our own creations, so Ben's were the only ones to play with.  He brought a
diesel train engine that looked quite nice.  It was eight wide and ran on
regular wheels, since he doesn't have track.  He isn't a train fanatic
(yet).  He also brought deceptively simple contructions some of which
looked, at first glance, like cubes or whatever you call 3 dimensional
shapes with rectangles for sides. The four sides were smooth and regular,
but the top and bottoms have studs. One was a puzzle to disassmble. Another
looked like a very simple ,but nice art piece, but after closer examination
you realized it was quite cunningly crafted.  Anyway, they were fun to look at.
The kids played their version of brickwars with no dice (in a box
somewhere)and had lots of fun until they had to quit because, in the word of
my son, "Trudy (the other mother) was making them play fair."

So I had fun, but we do need to do this again when more people can come.
I'll again volunteer my house, so does anyone have prefered dates?

Carolyn Cheney

Wish I could have been there to see it all first hand... Have we gotten Ben
talked into jumping online to join the Collective that is Lugnet, and maybe
show off his creations? Or is he already around I'm just silly and don't
realize it?

As for the next 'Fest, I don't think I could make it till January, after the
holiday insanity ends. Sundays will likely still be the best day as I don't
think I'll be off my shift by then though I hope to be. :)

Joel