 Local / United States / Ohio / 473
Re: Any Lugneters in Ohio, specifically around or near Dayton?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 19:35:00 GMT

Welcome to .oh, David!

The Dayton group hasn't seen any use, so it's hard to tell if anyone may be
lurking around. Most who post in the .oh subgroups tend to be either from
the  Columbus or Cleveland areas, with Cleveland being probably the most
active group with Tony, Adrian, Bram, Gino and the rest up "that-a-away".

There's a decent number of us in Columbus, but things have been pretty slow
over all. The last two get together's that were planned weren't large as I
recall from previous posts, though I was unable to attend either one.

With the longer summer days, it would be great to plan a get together at
some point in the near future.

What themes do you focus on collecting/building or do you prefer them all?

I'm mostly into Castle and Space for the most part though I've collected
from most themes as well. I'm pretty close to Wild West complete, I believe. :)

If you use ICQ at all, feel free to email me at my home email (1) with yours
and I swap with you - I forget my number and can't currently use it at work. :)

Joel J
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm

(1) jjacobse@columbus.rr.com

Joel,
Thanks for the reply. I think it would be good to maybee try and get
something together. I keep trying to show my wife that a man who collects
and plays with lego's is somewhat normal. And by normal I mean that other
people do it.  ;)

In my collecting, I'm kind of all over the place. I'm not a completionist so
I don't have any complete sets. Right now I'm building my town, Brickington,
in my basement so I have been concentrating on town/train, but the sets that
are out now kind of suck... I really have been going through the brickshelf
archives and modifing old sets that strike my fancy.

My home computer is down right now. I was trying to change my iMac over to
YellowDog Linux and failed... I'm going to reinstall sometime this weekend
and try and get my ICQ working.

Cheers,
David