 Local / United States / Ohio / 427
Re: Dec 3 Get-together (Ohio)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 03:56:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Carolyn Cheney writes:
It seems that Sunday, December 3 is a good day a get-together.  I did get my
new (old)house, and they are jacking up the floors today, if all is going
well.  I got the Lego over there already, but it is just shoved into the
Lego room in no order.  I think I had 12 boxes (4-six packs of beer size) of
unsorted Lego, and I don't know when that will get sorted and put away.

But, back to the Lego gathering. Sunday afternoon is best, I think, but it
can go through the evening if people want.  Non-Lego significant others are
welcome.  I'll provide some food, but I don't know what yet.  Maybe a pot of
chili or something that can sit around until hunger hits.

I will write up directions later (I need to explore around the neighborhood
taking notes) but the house is at 332 Linwood Ave.  This is about a mile
east of the junction of I-70 and I-71 on the east side of downtown.

Carolyn

Sounds good!

As I think I mentioned before - if you have ideas on food, I'm more than
willing to bring something, too - soda, chips, something.. not fair for you
to open up your new home AND have to provide all the food, too. I'm sure
that others would be willing to bring something - if we allpitch in, it
won't be too costly I'm sure.

On another note - since I haven't seen anyone mention this - the Shell Promo
sets are in town - the brand new Shell Station by Fazzoli's in West Pointe
Plaza has them (at I-70 and Rome Hilliard Road and Trabue Road -- from west
I-70 take the FIRST Rome Hilliard RD exit - going north bound. It's at the
light on the right). They had the $10 Belleville and racing sets and the $24
Model Builders Ferrari Formula car (W/ $10 gas). They got in the 8 1.99 sets
today but weren't all unpacked. They had #1 and #8 out but the rest should
be out tomorrow they said.

When I stopped in yesterday, I got the belleville, racing and the ferrari
sets, and was able to score an unused LEGO banner thatthey still had and
they letme get one of the corrugated LEGO signs - there's probably about a
dozen on their corner lot. So color me happy.  I'm sure other stations in
town have the sets, too, but I know this one does. They only had 1 Ferrari
left tonight but the other sets seemed to be well stocked as of 7pm. just
for the record. :)

Joel