 Local / United States / Ohio / 335
Re: The next BrikWar event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 12:16:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Drew Lawrence writes: (and from email too...)
The next BrikWar event....

This one will be in Cleveland, correct? At Adrian Drake's house,
specifically?  On the 28th of May?

Yes, it will be at my house in the western Suburbs of Cleveland on Sunday,
May 28th.

1) I've had a change in schedule -- the Memorial Day weekend is open for
me.

1.5) Who will I be able to carpool with? (My mom wants to meet you, in
person before she gives me permission to go to Cleveland.)

2) I trust that whoever I will carpool with (Geno Melone?) has the
address (and directions) to Adrian's home?

Actually, nobody has the directions yet.  As soon as I have confirmation
of everybody that's coming, then I'll send them out.

3) Who all will be coming?

Obviously I'll be there, and my buddy James from North Carolina will also
be there.

4) What will the terrain be this time? I'm all for:
    A. City!
    B. Wide open "desert" spaces, akin to Australian plains.

My giant mountain is still together, so we can use it.  Keep in mind that
I don't have any tables as big as the one we had at the library (unless I
tear apart my collection worktables) so we may need a smaller battlefield,
or play on the floor, or figure something out (I dunno).  Maybe I can go
to Home Despot and buy a couple of sheets of cheap plywood and make a
bigger table.  Hrm, that's an idea...

I would love a city, but I doubt we'll have enough buildings.  Unless we
build some extremely basic buildings, anyway.  If everyone who comes can
build one or two buildings, then we could have a pretty good city (though
a lack of road plates might be a hindrance)

The problem with wide open plains is that there's no cover, thus large
weapons like my Rampage would wreak havoc on the battlefield until the
enemy can get close to it.  now if we put a bunch of boulders scattered
about, that might work (Geno and I have plenty of burps)

Non-related to this, we STILL have to come up with a name!! Who likes
LBO?
(Lego Builders of Ohio)

I'm still partial to OHLUG, because then it fits more cleanly into the
rest of the named groups thus far.  We'd basically be a subchapter of
GMLUG, I think.

Drew Lawrence
http://www.netpluscom.com/~drew/

BTW, I will be bringing a TL3 army. (TL3 being "modern," right?)

TL2 is medieval , TL3 is pirates, TL4 is modern, and TL5 is space.
I'll probably be TL5 again.

Adrian
--
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html