 Local / United States / Ohio / 240
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 06:08:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Gino A. Melone writes:
I'm hoping not to even look at points before we play.  Everyone
should present their armies.  We all scratch out beards (so to speak)
and, hopefully, agree that the armies are fairly fairly matched.

This is usually the way to go - it doesn't even matter that much if they
aren't well matched, if you have more than two players.  Weaker players will
always tend to gang up on stronger ones, even if they don't declare official
alliances.

Hmm.  I may need to work up some proper stats for Wizards and Dragons
for another battle.  Magicians who exist in a predominately TL5
universe.  And, know how it works.  (Hmm, what book was that?)

Everything you need is in Supplement SP: Supernatural Powers.  It takes a
little more work to design a supernatural unit, there aren't any specific
spell lists or rules of magik, you have to come up with them on your own
depending on the character and on the battle.

Electromagnetic area effects could be fun.  Drain energy could be fun.
Than there is a little side issue.  Does shielding, or armor, have any
effect on magic.  A death spell which ignores all technological
defenses would clear the field rather quickly.

The magik rules are pretty loose, but there is not any support for 'instant
death' magik.  Supernatural units have to cause damage and roll vs. armor like
any other unit.  Electromagnetic and energy-drain effects are completely
possible.  You could create an Ion Storm (for instance) by spending a few SP
on Area Effect and a few on Stun Damage.  Drain Energy could be accomplished
by spending a few SP on Range and a few on Subtract Power.

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm