 Local / United States / Ohio / 211
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:57:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Gino A. Melone writes:
tremor@apk.net (Adrian Drake) wrote in <FsqGAu.HDr@lugnet.com>:
technic-scale AT-ST.
Would you mind bringing this to show-and-tell.  It sounds cool.

I could, but it's only partially completed, and not particularly impressive.
You can see pics of it at:

http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego-walker.html

If we can get enough buildings, a siege or two might be fun.  Or we
just free-for-all and see what sorts of alliances may form.  If
someone has some nice buildings and/or castles, that'd be a great
start.  I for one don't have enough doors/windows to build a self
-respecting building, so I probably can't build a base.
Free-for-all I think is it.  I would love to defend a castle.  If I
get one built I'll do so.

If we have one or two castles brought, and the rest of us have just random
armies, I could see a double-siege going on.  That could be fun.

How much structure do we want?  Just random stuff to hide behind
or maybe some actual buildings?
Buildings would be nice, but I don't know if I can build any.  I can
bring a few bins of basic bricks if we want to throw something
together on the spot.
Sounds good.  I'll bring some baseplates at least.  Maybe try to get a
brick bucket together.

Allright, at least my bricks and plates will make the journey.  We will have
to make provisions as to how to keep everyone's collections straight.  Mine
isn't huge, but should be enough to build a few basic walls and structures.  I
have NO windows to speak of, so they won't be particulaly detailed buildings,
however.

Keep in mind that I have a 2.5 hour each way trip to make to get to
this. Anything past 8 or so is going to make my getting-home time
extremely late.  I wouldn't mind starting before lunch, maybe 10-11
or so.  6-8 hours of gaming and I can get out of there at a semi
-respectable time (unless I call on Uncle Steve, who lives in
Worthington, but I'd rather not)
Let's plan on starting at 10:30.  Everyone plan on arriving between 10:00
and 10:30.

Sounds groovy.

I've got a couple of bottles of Mountain Dew sitting around that I
can bring along.  Sugar and caffeine will be certain to keep the
energy level up :)
Cool.

I will take care of the digital camera (as you mentioned in your
addendum)
Excellent.

I am still wondering how much of my collection (or how much of
anyone elses collections) should be brought to the gaming site for
last minute building for scenery.  Now that I've sorted my
collection out, it's a little easier to transport, but still might
take a while to load into and out of the jeep.  I guess I'll see.
Tiffany mentioned in another message what sort of layout we will
use. I'll bring whatever baseplates (meager as they are) to build a
town, if necessary. For things like mountains and trees, I don't
know.  Will we have a supply of books onhand to use to build a
mountain if we want?
Let's bring some bricks and baseplates.  If we need more we'll scrounge.

I'll bring my box o' Burps as well.  That might make an interesting little
mountain.

Adrian