Re: Cary's partial disconnect/ back from Japan?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:58:31 GMT

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hope to hear more about the trip and see more pictures  at some point too.

I've plan to put up more pictures and text, soon. I'll let you know.

Did your wife bring back any fabric?  Flea markets have any remnants of
kimonos?

The Mom of the kids we took with us had found a used kimono store in Tokyo
on an earlier trip and had purchased three for her daughter, our niece who
went with us. But on our trip we saw only new kimonos and fabric which was
very expensive. My wife also looked for a non-kimono fabric store but didn't
have any luck. The stores (of any kind) we did find were through blind luck;
sometimes even the locals couldn't help. (One of my nephews has a Kyoto
girlfriend; we ended up taking her to places in Kyoto that she'd never
been.)

Cary