 Local / United States / Missouri / 105
Re: Table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:03:25 GMT

     We could arrange something like that.  This weekend I have to work until
4:30 or so (usually), and my other half is not working.  Something in the
eveneing would work for both of us.  Or we could do it some other time as
well, there is no real hurry on anything :)  Worst case, we could meet at a
Quisno's or something quick/cheap like that.

     If I remember correctly, the PNLTC tables were designed for the track to
be laid directly on the table.  If we are going to be putting together
legomodular style modules, we have to figure in the added height of 20 bricks
or so.  Its going to bring the track level closer to 4' or so.  We might want
to seriously consiter dropping that down to 2 1/2' or so.  But that is
something we can figure out a bit later.  It is not that much work to chop off
a couple of inches on the legs.

Wayne G.

In lugnet.loc.us.mo, Levering A. Reynolds writes:
I followed the design from the PNLTC web site and found that with 1 sheet of
plywood, 4 2”x2”x8’ and 8 1”x2”x8’ I was able to make one 60 ½ x 30 ¼ table
and one 30 ¼ x 30 ¼ table for $30, plus screws and bolts with not much
leftover. This includes the legs and supports on the legs. The table is 3’
high pretty sturdy and cheep, which for me is a must. The table is only 2 ¼ to
2 ½ inches thick, which makes storing simple.  I still don’t know about the 3’
height, it seems ok for adults but for kids it might be to big, but then
I was thinking of making some steps for better viewing.
I think you are right that we need to get together some time I am going to
have to ask the boss, my wife, if she would like to go out to dinner soon and
slip in an oh by the way its about Legos. I will have to get back to you about
that, but this weekend might be good for us.

L. Andrew Reynolds
Home: landrew@i1.net
Work: andrew_reynolds@uhc.com
My Lego Page: