 Local / United States / Michigan / 565
564  |  566
Subject:
The GeeBee is Ready. [Image Heavy]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:14:19 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hey all,

I got tired of responding to myself for updates (http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=2487&t=i&v=a), so I’ll start a new thread for the good stuff. A bit of a late update, but what can I say? I’m just finishing up :)

Pictures:

The front. I like the little engine details; the detail still possible with brick-only construction is pretty cool.

The rear. The original plane (seen in my initial post above) has a wing number that ends in 200, so it got me thinking. Why not just make it ZOO?

Side view. Hand-drawing and brickifying all those elipses got boring fast, but it paid off.

A closeup of the canopy. A shell of clear 1x2’s surrounds a base of black bricks, and the end result is pretty satisfying.

Full gallery can be found here.

So I’ll be building this thing tomorrow at the Air Zoo, and it’ll be up for two weeks during the grand opening celebration. Come on down and see it, and of course LMKWYT!

I’ll be posting pictures of the public build, along with in-depth comments on construction, later.

-jeremiah-