 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 749
Re: I'm coming to New England for the holidays (too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 02:32:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Jeff Johnston writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Jeff Johnston writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Frank Filz writes:
Oh cool! (I snuck back online this morning...). It would be my • reccomendation
that the meet be at TCS just before dinner time, and then we can retire • across
the street for some vittles. Glad you may be able to make it Lindsay.

If it's a slightly later dinner, that's best for me & the wife.  We've got
karate class until about 5, and we'd probably want to shower afterwards
because I at least am pretty gross...plus a bit of time to get down there
would put it at 6-6:30 (depending on if we pick up Frank & how lost we get
doing so.  8)

How late is TCS open on Saturday?

According to their site, they're open until 10 pm, so we'd have plenty
of time to browse & still go get food.

Another factor is the impending doom of a
snow storm. Of course, so long as you're game to pick me up, I'm game to go
(but my dad is liable to chicken out that late in the evening unless the • snow
hasn't amounted to anything. Jeff, why don't you give me a call when you • get
back from Karate (Jeff - I e-mailed you the numbers). We can figure out the
best plan at that point. I'll plan on giving Shiri a call in the • mid-afternoon.

Well, yeah. If there's a howling blizzard then all plans are off. 8) • Depending on
the weather, we may all need to restructure plans.

My plans have already been changed by weather, my flight for Sunday was
canceled, so I'm now flying back Monday, which means if Saturday is too horrid,
we can do Sunday (does anyone know if TCS will be open Sunday? They list Sunday
hours [open til 7:00] but they're also "holiday" hours which presumably meant
for Christmas).

   Hmmm...this could be a problem.  I probably can't come by, because
   I have no idea where anything in Bostonland is and I don't have any
   transport (read: must use public transportation).  Add in the weather
   and the mega-manna-hit I'll take from the NLSO if I trot off the first
   full day I've seen her in over four months, and it looks like I may
   have to no-show.  :(  Where exactly is TCS, and what's the public-
   transport situation like in Boston and environs?

TCS is in a town called Waltham.  According to their site, you can get there • by
using the Commuter Rail (Fitchburg Line) from North Station.  I'm not sure • where
you are in Boston, but the T isn't usually too hard to get to...so T to North
Station,
commuter rail to Waltham.

Waltham is also very accessible by bus. Their web page:

http://www.constructiontoys.com/

has information (but doesn't mention bus lines).

Frank