 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 738
Re: "My" play goes up in a week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:07:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Matt Brooks writes:
What part are you playing in what play?

Helga (originally Ernie) in "Throwing Smoke". My director changed the play
from an all-male baseball group to all female (not enough guys for all the
male parts in all four plays...).

I myself just finished
Nutcracker last weekend. I danced Dorsselmayer for the second time. It
was a GREAT run (Three shows) and we got a TON of compliments for our
production.

That's great!!

This was my sixth Nutcracker (I've been dancing since I was
a Senior in High School) and I couldn't imagine my holiday season
without the weekends of rehearsal and butterflies in the stomach,
waiting in the wings as the opening music begins....

I know what you mean!! For me it was also performances during the (Jewish)
holidays, for two years before I came here... I loved being onstage,
although our "group" did more singing and choreography than acting... but it
was all great fun.

-Shiri (who's really pumped right now; I just found out a poem of mine is
getting published!!)

So how was the play?  I'm sure you  were wonderful... so the question is did
you have fun?

Congratulations on your upcoming publication!  Details?  when? where? title?
text? I love details....

Happy Chanukah to you and your family!
sheree