 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 735
Re: "My" play goes up in a week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 22:56:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Matt Brooks writes:
What part are you playing in what play?

Helga (originally Ernie) in "Throwing Smoke". My director changed the play
from an all-male baseball group to all female (not enough guys for all the
male parts in all four plays...).

I myself just finished
Nutcracker last weekend. I danced Dorsselmayer for the second time. It
was a GREAT run (Three shows) and we got a TON of compliments for our
production.

That's great!!

This was my sixth Nutcracker (I've been dancing since I was
a Senior in High School) and I couldn't imagine my holiday season
without the weekends of rehearsal and butterflies in the stomach,
waiting in the wings as the opening music begins....

I know what you mean!! For me it was also performances during the (Jewish)
holidays, for two years before I came here... I loved being onstage,
although our "group" did more singing and choreography than acting... but it
was all great fun.

-Shiri (who's really pumped right now; I just found out a poem of mine is
getting published!!)