 Local / United States / Massachusetts / 37
36  |  38
Subject:
More NELUG feedback.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.vt
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 19:35:13 GMT

I feel like I am bombarding you all with information but I promise to keep this
one relatively short.

I have exchanged E-mail with the folks at www.baylug.org and they had some
interesting information.  They emphisized the fact that a professional looking
site where pages have a uniform look and feel will draw in more users and help
increase membership.

They currently have 2 primary webmasters along with 2 other webmasters that
help out occasionally.  Besides that they have 3 paying members and quite a few
non-paying members (one of the webmasters doubles as a treasurer).

Coming from a background in software development I understand the need for
uniformity.  I think one of our first tasks should be to decide on a look and
feel for *OUR* site.  If we can do that then we can come up with a template for
all of our pages and that really helps the development process alot.

I guess that what I will be asking help on first is to help design the layout
for our site.  For this you do not need to have any development background at
all.  Then if there is anyone that wants to help out as a webmaster I would
gladly share the responsibility.

Again at first I don't mind taking on the brunt of the expenses and I would not
ask for anything from any of you but once we are up and running and if you are
happy with how the group is going then any donations will be happily taken but
I intend on keeping a Free Membership as one of the options.  One benefit of
being a paying member will be a personal Lego page where they can post pictures
of their creations etc.

Hopefully I can talk with some of you on Sunday and then get the ball rolling
on our first offical meeting and getting a real web site up and running.

Until Sunday then...  I promise!  :)

Eric

P.S. If you are not working on a Lego project how about working on a NELUG
logo?  I threw something together myself and put it up on the site but I am not
an artist by any means so if you can design a Logo submit it to me and maybe we
will use it for the real site!

Remember to remove ".jawaspam" when replying by E-mail.

NELUG - Temporary Site
http://www.geocities.com/~kingsleyem/NELUG.html

My Site:
http://www.geocities.com/~kingsleyem/