 Local / United States / Massachusetts / *881 (-20)
  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) Well I can think of a couple reasons why we went with 4 wide tables (40.25"x40.25"). 1. It was more economical. If we were to do 3bp x 6bp you only get one table out of a 4'x8' sheet. This way you get 2 tables per sheet. 2. We liked the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) used. I was nice to see some validation of using 4 baseplate wide tables. My table will be the same except my individual modules will be 2x4 baseplates square instead of 4x8. I'm hoping to transport the modules with the Lego on them, and I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) We kept some trains on tails of track, mostly running two at a time. But there was a short train we occasionally ran on the outside loop with the commuter rail... when it was parked, there was an engineer climbing into the locomotive. When it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) I think most of the stygma comes from what people either remember building when they were kids or what their own kids build with what is probably a much smaller assortment of parts then what most of us have to work with. For some reason the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) blast! It's great to hear that so many people were interested in your layout and the whole LEGO Train theme as well. LEGO has been making trains for decades and it's funny how few people know about it, especially model railroad fans. On an (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

"Gianluca Morelli" <moebiusring@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:G522uG.8CG@lugnet.com... (...) essence of those daft-looking vehicles. Huw (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

(...) knew there was something funny when the guy I got it from had me meet him at the dock,and had the car sitting on the deck of the ship from the Launch and Load Seaport. :-) Tom D (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

The NELUG web page has been updated with Thumbnailed pictures and a report on the show and some of the storys we had from the show. I am sure I missed some of the stories but I am sure others can add their stories here. Anyway no need to repeat what (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

(...) Hmmmm.....It seems to me that I've already seen that yellow car on the right,next to the phone box :-) (URL) "8wide" Morelli PS: need some help? Look here: (URL) here for building instructions: (URL) I'm really happy to see my creations in the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  More pics from the Wilmington Greenburg show

Check out some more raw pictures from NELUG's adventures in train-ing this past weekend at the Greenburg Train & Toy Show: (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: Third Day Pics from Wilmington

(...) Well... Ummm... Yah thats it. (...) Uh. Yah. The first day we had no serious accidents but on day 2 the Metroliner made the trip twice. Admittedly we were running the trains slower on day one. My theory that a slow train gives little ones and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Third Day Pics from Wilmington

(...) What happened in pic 13? I thought the plane crash in yesterday's (saturday's) pics, with all the emergency vehicles clustered round, was interesting... Was this more of the same, a metroliner crash? That outside track is "awf'ly" close to the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Ninja polybags at Store 24

(...) Yup, the same... (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Third Day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

Here are some third day pictures. Details and web pages due in a couple days. (URL) Kingsley (...) Exit (...) Road. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Ninja polybags at Store 24

While running into a Store 24 on a quick "we're outta sloppy joe mix" mission, what to my surprise do I discover but a string of LEGO polybags hanging on the end of one of the aisles? Further inspection revealed that they are sets 3017 (black ninja (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  NELUG Train Show Pictures

Here's some more pictures of the NELUG train show this weekend. (URL) show was a blast! Unfortunately I wasn't able to contribute significant amounts of brick, but perhaps next time. The models on the layout were amazing, and the layout was a hit at (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Second Day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(URL) pic is finally all the NELUG memebers at the show explaining at the same time, "Yes LEGO has been making trains for over 30 years!" All kidding aside, it looks great! I love that the entire table is covered in studs. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Second Day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

What do you think these people are looking at? (URL) here are some quick day 2 pics. Once again these are unedited. I will sort through them later and make an official page. (URL) those into more detail and closeups you might want to start at the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(...) Well we hope to see you there too. Day 2 raw photos comming momentarily! For anyone that is on the fence please try and make Sunday its a blast. Eric K. (...) here (...) first (...) website. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact