 Local / United States / Indiana / Indianapolis / 36
Re: IndyLUG.org Online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.in.ind
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 03:58:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.loc.us.in, Eric Smith writes:
The IndyLUG.org web site is now online: http://www.indylug.org. As we
finalize meeting plans, I'll take care of updating the site. I also put in
an official request to Lugnet to get an organization
newsgroup...lugnet.org.us.indylug, I believe.

Eric

Ok, in order to bring anyone who hasn't been in the email loop up to speed,
here is the current thinking on what we are going to do:

I've volunteered my house (my pole barn actually) to host meetings.  It's a
nice place to hold meetings and work on large projects, run things like the
pirate ship battles/war games, and store things.  It's 30' x 43' and has
heat, light, and a concrete floor.  I'm also centrally located (Brownsburg,
just on the northwest side of Indianapolis).

For the first meeting, we could do a pitch-in/cookout (I can provide the
burgers) and talk about what we want to do.  People could bring some
creations and what not.  Later, we could have a bonfire and just hang out
getting to know each other.  Maybe meet from the middle of the afternoon
until evening?

The day's that that are currently under discussion to hold it are: Aug 25,
26, Sep 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30.  From the responses so far, it
looks like it going to be at least September before the first meeting.

Eric Smith has volunteered to be our organizer for the club initially
(forever? ;-) ).  Send your available dates to Eric and he is going to set
the final date and time.

Regards,
Steve Martin
IndyLUG (boy do I like putting that!)