 Local / United States / Illinois / Chicago / 11
  Lego Expo at The Toy Connection

If you peek at: (URL) you'll see that The Toy Connection is having a "Lego Expo" on Aug 28th. I saw this when browsing around for possible other good lego sources in the area and called them up for details. I didn't get an exact description of the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Lego Expo at The Toy Connection

(...) Wow :) I've gotta be there... now where is Crystal Lake in relation to Wheaton? -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Commonwealth Edison: What do you do with OUR power? Get paid to surf the web! Visit: (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Lego Expo at The Toy Connection

(...) Wheaton? So YOU'RE the competition for the local lego sales prices. :) The address for their store is on their web pages. When I checked mapquest for how to get there from Downers Grove, it looked like it was a bit more than an hour northish. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Lego Expo at The Toy Connection

(...) LOL :) I actually haven't bought too much Lego from the store in the last year. I acquired about 2000 bricks from a garage sale, got the X-Wing in Carlsbad, and got some insectoids set for my birthday (belated). That's it! (...) Hehe... well, (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Lego Expo at The Toy Connection [Chicago IL Area]

(...) [...] I'm 99% sure I'm going to this. Is anyone else planning on doing so? If so, could you email me and we could arrange a way to identify ourselves etc to be able to meet face-to-face. *sigh* Crystal Lake is like a 40 mile drive from (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Expo at The Toy Connection [Chicago IL Area]

It's about a 10 min ride from my house :) It's a pretty small store, actually, a very, very small store. I'm not the greatest at measurements, but I would guess the store is only 30 feet wide, maybe less. As of today they haven't been running any (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Expo at The Toy Connection [Chicago IL Area]

(...) I'm surprised that you say its a small store. I figured cause of the size of the website the store would be bigger :) It just seems like for a place to hold an event with a TLG representative and other events as advertised on the site the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.general)