 Local / United States / Illinois / 333
Re: Woodfield P-A-B Inventory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:15:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.il, David Gregory wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.il, Jeff Reuland wrote:
Don't forget only about another 30 minutes or so away from Woodfield is
Northbrook Court and ANOTHER Lego/Pick-a-Brick store!

That's 2 PAB's within a short drive so I would say that is definately worth a
few hours detour.

Although most of the items are the same there are little differences.
Woodfield was out of tires, 1x2 clear, 1x4 light gray...Northbrook had no
1x1 tiles...

Also, the Woodfield store still had the sale, $50.00 free small cup, $75.00
free large cup. Northbrook had NO sale.

    I'm planning on going up to the LEGO store in Chicago that's at The Shops at
North Bridge in April.  I'm confused as to which one this is.  Your above post
mentions a LEGO store at Woofield and one at Northbrook.  I don't know if one of
these is the Chicago store, or if they're both different.
    If the LEGO store in Chicago is only 30 minutes from another one, then I
think I should definitely go to both in the same day.  (I'm giddy about my first
trip to a Pick-A-Brick.  If I could go to 2 in the same day, it would be total
joygasm.)
    Does anyone from the Chicago metro area have any info as to exactly how many
LEGO stores are up there, and how close they all are?
    Thanks!
        David "Fuzzy" Gregory

"The Shops at North Bridge" is in downtown Chicago.  I haven't been to that
store in almost a year now, so I'm not quite sure what they feature.

The Lego Store at Woodfield Mall is in Schaumburg (suburb)... in non-rush-hour,
it is 45 minutes to 1 hour from downtown to Woodfield on Interstate 90.  This
store does have a Pick-A-Brick.

The Lego Store at Northbrook Court is in Northbrook (suburb).  Also, probably
about 45 minutes from downtown, just off of IL-41 (take Interstate 90-94 from
downtown, then take I-94 when it splits, then keep going straight when I-94
splits from IL-41).  This store does have a Pick-A-Brick.

In terms of store layout, the Northbrook Court store is more more easily
navigated... it has nearly twice the space as the store at Woodfield.  But both
seem to have very similar selections of sets.  Pick-A-Brick inventory seems to
vary.