 Local / United States / Georgia / 327
Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 23:31:18 GMT

In lugnet.announce, James Trobaugh wrote:
Once again the North Georgia LEGO Train club (NGLTC) will have a summer “club
house” at the Discover Mills Outlet Mall in Gwinnett county Georgia. Like last
year we will be occupying an empty store in the mall and filling it with our
LEGO train layout. We are happy to find out that the mall has offered us a
location next door to the LEGO Outlet store in the mall.

The NGLTC will move into the “club house” in the begging of June and will hold
at least three open houses during the summer for the public to be allowed to
come in and view the layout, run the Rail Racers and play in the kids play area.

Last year we really enjoyed our space in the mall and are looking forward to
having it once again. If you are in the area this summer please stop by and
check us out.

We (BayLUG/BayLTC) have talked to malls in our area and run into a brick wall
when they say we need to have $1,000,000 in liability insurance.  Since we're
not incorporated or anything, there's no entity to buy such insurance.  We've
looked into various kinds of non-profit statuses but have failed to find a
solution that is appropriate to our club and doesn't cost tons of $$$ to set up.

What kind of organization does your club have?  Or is the LEGO store providing
an umbrella for you?  What about other clubs that have done similar things?

--Bill.

XFUT: lugnet.org since it's not train-specific or location-specific...