 Local / United States / Colorado / 49
Re: A Colorado Get-Together (Was: Re: How about a Brickfest West?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:02:45 GMT

Well, I would be willing to come down on a Saturday or Sunday one weekend.
Unfortunately, my weekends are a little limited until late August. Are there
any others reading who would like to chime in?

-Duane

(trimmed it down to just lugnet.loc.us.co)

I waited two weeks hoping that some other locals would chime in, but so far
it doesn't look like anyone is going to.  I'm not free until late August
either, but I'm hoping we can get some more people involved so maybe we
should shoot for September.

September is fine for me... so far. I was hoping that there would be others
speaking up as well. I *know* that there more AFOLs (or maybe just FOLs)
than just the two of us.

I wish I knew of a good place for a get-together. There aren't any really
good toy stores that I can think of.  The KB Outlet in Castle Rock pretty
much sucks, but we could still meet there if you don't want to drive all the
way to the Springs.  If nothing else, we could take stuff for trade.  (I'm
still looking for stretchers, and I have a small amount of trans-orange
stuff to part with.)

I don't mind making the trip to the Springs. It's not too bad of a drive.
Trading sounds good. I'll have to see what I'm in the market for. Black 2 x
3 inverse slopes are always popular in my creations. So are things like
computer slopes and tiles. The thing is, trying to find people who are
willing to part with those pieces is a little difficult. BTW I still have
some stretchers set aside from that last time we talked (or wrote rather).

-Duane

Bryan Beckwith

I cross posted this over to loc.us.co.cos, in case any Springs locals have
only been looking there.  FUT: loc.us.co