 Local / United States / Colorado / * (-5)
Re: Next LEGO Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:05:44 GMT

Well the display was alot off fun!!!!

Here are some pics from the display:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31482819@N00/sets/72157602181993815

Enjoy,
Jim F.

Subject:
Next LEGO Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:09:36 GMT

Plan for the weekend of September 22-23. All day Saturday and Sunday
at Colorado Mills Mall outside the LEGO store. We will have to keep
the tables manned, as this will be in the open public area. There is
a possibility that they will want us for the following weekend as
well. I have not committed to the second weekend, so let me know your
feedback on whether or not you feel that is a good idea.

The mall will provide tables, stanchions and power. We will have to
provide them an estimate on how much space we will need, and then be
committed to filling it. This is where advanced planning is critical.

I have heard from several people that they would like to focus on a
town/train display. Other themes are welcome to display, but
train/town will be the main focus. (Unless you're Dave, in which case
you are a focus all by yourself.)

Let's stick to a 16 x 32 or 32 x 32 baseplate standard for the
layout. This is what I have heard to date:

Joel, Stuart and I will bring Cafe Corners. Is there a fourth Cafe
Corner that someone would like to bring?

I will bring two straight Cafe Corners (think of it as a center
section between two standard corners), two of the town house sets and
a construction site. I will also bring the road plates with a
standard sidwalk pattern and miscellaneous flair.

Stuart will be bringing a bank, bakery, furniture store, garage and a
church.

Joe will be bringing a hotel and a park (let me know dimensions).

That is all that I have head for committed structures. I will be
setting up the layout in Track Designer and assigning plots based on
what people have committed to so that we can make this display
impress and hopefully do this more often.

For rolling stock, I have heard:

I will bring 2 BNSF GP38 engines, 4 coal cars, and two TTX sets. I
can also bring the RC High-Speed train if asked nicely.

Matt will bring UP DD40X, BNSF GP60M, and ATSF SD75M engines.

Do we have more rolling stock available? I would like to have two
tracks running at all times.

Also, cars, trucks minifigs and any detail/scenery items are always
needed. If anything can be animated, motorized or lighted that is
also a bonus.

Please let me know if you will be able to attend and what you are
willing be bring so that I can get rolling on the planning.

-Duane

Subject:
Denver NDK Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:45:20 GMT

Here is the update on NDK. I have good news and bad news; I'll hit
the bad news first.

Currently we are slated for a display on Friday, October 6th only.
We got squeezed down to one day because of convention space
constraints. Set up can begin as early as 10am for a 2:30 opening
and based on past experience, I suggest that we start then. I'm
still trying to get a defined time for tear down.

The good news is that we have full use of a 40-person conference
room. That includes at least 8 tables. (Dave, your castle is back in
the plan...) We are secured and have electricity.

Now here is what I need to get done.

1) I need a commitment list of all people who plan on displaying so
that I can get day passes. If you don't get your name on the list,
you'll have to pay your own way.

2) We need to get a layout chart done to prevent any hodge-podge
type groupings and get more tables if necessary. Let me know
what/how much you plan on bringing to help facilitate this process.

-Duane

Re: LEGO Imagination Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:50:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Joe Meno wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess wrote:

I’ve also dug up the link to the news stations website. The interview that I did is available for viewing there.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_204142214.html

-Duane

Congrats! Nice work on the display and great exposure for you and your club!

It’s going to be the local displays that will spread the word on the AFOL community over the long-term, so it’s good to see things going on - how was the interview, as in did it stress you?

Joe Meno
House of Bricks Attendee

I was stoked to do the interview. I’m trying to do everything that I can do to get the message out there into the mainstream. As to the interview itself, I wasn’t hardly nervous at all. If you forget about the size of the audience and ignore the cameras, then it turns into just a couple of people asking questions about something that I love to talk about.

-Duane

Re: LEGO Imagination Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:54:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess wrote: (snip)

   I’ve uploaded photos from the event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legozilla/sets/72157594210072762/

If anyone has photos that you would like to contribute, please let me know and I would be willing to upload them to my account.

-Duane

I’ve also dug up the link to the news stations website. The interview that I did is available for viewing there.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_204142214.html

-Duane

Congrats! Nice work on the display and great exposure for you and your club!

It’s going to be the local displays that will spread the word on the AFOL community over the long-term, so it’s good to see things going on - how was the interview, as in did it stress you?

Joe Meno
House of Bricks Attendee

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact