 Local / United States / Colorado / Denver / 193
192  |  194
Subject:
Next LEGO Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co.den, lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:09:36 GMT

Plan for the weekend of September 22-23. All day Saturday and Sunday
at Colorado Mills Mall outside the LEGO store. We will have to keep
the tables manned, as this will be in the open public area. There is
a possibility that they will want us for the following weekend as
well. I have not committed to the second weekend, so let me know your
feedback on whether or not you feel that is a good idea.

The mall will provide tables, stanchions and power. We will have to
provide them an estimate on how much space we will need, and then be
committed to filling it. This is where advanced planning is critical.

I have heard from several people that they would like to focus on a
town/train display. Other themes are welcome to display, but
train/town will be the main focus. (Unless you're Dave, in which case
you are a focus all by yourself.)

Let's stick to a 16 x 32 or 32 x 32 baseplate standard for the
layout. This is what I have heard to date:

Joel, Stuart and I will bring Cafe Corners. Is there a fourth Cafe
Corner that someone would like to bring?

I will bring two straight Cafe Corners (think of it as a center
section between two standard corners), two of the town house sets and
a construction site. I will also bring the road plates with a
standard sidwalk pattern and miscellaneous flair.

Stuart will be bringing a bank, bakery, furniture store, garage and a
church.

Joe will be bringing a hotel and a park (let me know dimensions).

That is all that I have head for committed structures. I will be
setting up the layout in Track Designer and assigning plots based on
what people have committed to so that we can make this display
impress and hopefully do this more often.

For rolling stock, I have heard:

I will bring 2 BNSF GP38 engines, 4 coal cars, and two TTX sets. I
can also bring the RC High-Speed train if asked nicely.

Matt will bring UP DD40X, BNSF GP60M, and ATSF SD75M engines.

Do we have more rolling stock available? I would like to have two
tracks running at all times.

Also, cars, trucks minifigs and any detail/scenery items are always
needed. If anything can be animated, motorized or lighted that is
also a bonus.

Please let me know if you will be able to attend and what you are
willing be bring so that I can get rolling on the planning.

-Duane