 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / San Jose / 88
Re: Our BayLTC Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 08:14:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
I will TRY to come down.  Unfortunately, I lost the transmission in my one
trustworthy car this weekend, and am scrambling to gather parts to toss
together a spare tranny and get it into the car.  IF I get it in next week,
and IF that spare tranny seems trustworthy, I will head down for at least a
day or 2 somehow before Kidvention.  If possible, I will try to head down 7/6
and stick around your place until 7/11 (depends on how my plans up here go).

Cool, hope you can.  I'll be there 7/5 until 7/11 when we drive down to
Carlsbad.

I will be bringing whatever buildings are needed, plus a 12 car or larger grey
Metroliner, and a 5-8 car black Metroliner to run on either/both our and
GMLTC's layouts.  I can also throw together 5-10 tank cars of various types
if needed.

I'm planning on working on different aspects of the town.  Depending on the
setting, etc I could take some pictures around downtown Wheaton here and bring
them (digital) to have building studies.  I spoke with Mike on the phone
tonight, and he again expressed that it was near impossible to make it.  I'd
love to make it possible, but I feel he's being pretty realistic about the
deal.  I've seen the scope of the project in person as well.  Anyone who can
make it, please come help.  It'd be fun to have building comapny, and be able
to complete this in time.

BTW - during that time I'll have LDraw-related Kidvention business to attend
to as well.

-Tim