Re: NMRA Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:36:38 GMT

I live in San Jose, have a truck and can get the time off on Thursday. I need
a day off anyway. I am available to take everything in and get it started early
(8-9 am). On the other hand I DO NOT have a membership to NMRA and really am
completely inexperienced in Train setups. I love lego but have never had any
of the rail setups. This puts a kink in the works, but there is my offer. I
can be there Friday after 7pm and my available time during the weekend is
spastic. Lets hash this out.

Mark

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
I can help set up Thursday from 3pm onwards, but have no way to transport
tables, etc.  I will be free Friday about 3pm onwards, and all Sat and Sun.

I really have very little track - 8-10 full circles from 4561s, but very • little
straight track, like 4-6 boxes worth, if that (haven't had the need to buy any
yet, since I haven't started my layout).

Mike Poindexter wrote:

The final details for the NMRA show are falling into place, but I have had a
snag - my grandmother passed away and the funeral along with family issues
are taking an even greater toll, so it is unlikely that I will be able to
make it up on Friday to man the display.  Here is our itenerary:

Wednesday:  I will be bringing up 9 tables, some structures, rolling stock,
track, controllers and any other items I can get ready in time.  I will need
to drop this off at somebody's house who can take it to the Convention
Center in downtown San Jose on Thursday.  (I have a meeting with a large
walnut grower and will be unable to make it to San Jose at all on Thursday.)

Thursday:  Whoever has the display will need to take it to the Convention
Center and set it up (i.e. put the legs on the tables, arrange the tables,
track, controllers, etc.)  Move in and set up is from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.  I
would suggest starting early, as we have absolutely no idea how long it will
take to set up and it would be good to have too much time than not enough.

Friday:  Final move in is from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.  The trade show people
get to see displays starting at 10:00 am and the hall is open to Convention
Attendees from 1:00pm to 6:00.  The hall closes at 6:30 pm.

Saturday:  Doors open at 9:00 am, show starts at 10:00 am and goes until
6:00 pm.  Doors close at 6:30.  (I will be there all day on Saturday)

Sunday:  Doors open at 9:00 am, show starts at 10:00 am and goes until 5:00
pm.  Tear down is from 5:15 to 6:30pm.  (I will be there all day on Sunday
and tear down and come home with what is mine Sunday night.)

Here is what we need:

Somebody who can transport our layout materials to the Convention Center on
Thursday.  I will meet them Wednesday Night to drop off the layout.

We also need people who can help set up the layout on Thurday.  This is at
least a 2 person job, as one person cannot put together the tables without
losing their sanity.

Finally, we need somebody who can man the display on Friday.

Here is what we have coming so far in the regards of structures, rolling
stock and other display items:

From Mike Poindexter:
1 Train Station that will measure about 15"x52.5"
1 Generic Roman Style town building 15"x15"
1 Playground/park 15"x20"
1 Town Building 15"x15"
1 Breezeway Cafe 10"x5"
2 45" Modular Bridges (Tom Stangl will have the other half)
6 Coal Cars
2 Hydrogen Cars
12 Blue Hopper Cars
1 UP Loco
2 SantaFe Locos
1 Yellow/Black Metroliner Engine
5 Yellow/Black Club Cars
2 Box Cars

From Tom Stangl:
1 Warehouse 15"x30"
2 45" Modular Bridges
1 Long Dock with ramp
?? Boats for Containers
A Black Metroliner (unknown length)

From Zonker:
An Awesome Roundhouse on a 30"x60" Module
???

If anybody else has things they would like to put on display, speak up.  If
we have too much, we can always rotate what we have on the tables during the
day.  I know there are others who planned on having things displayed, but I
didn't want to speak for you and wind up eating spamcake.

Also, if people have some straight track or some switches, I am sure that I
will not have enough to supply the entire layout.  I don't know how much
spare track Tom Stangl and Zonker have.

Thanks,
Mike Poindexter

--