Re: Trains and Re: Hold Everything!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 05:58:08 GMT

I would opt for Fremont over Albany, as it is an hour closer to me each way
and I am already driving 3 1/2 - 4 hrs. each way as it is.

I cannot yet transport the modules to San Jose for the next Baylug meeting
dues to not yet having the racks made to hold the modules, not having our
horse trailer yet (we get one this summer) and finally the modules are just
getting started and won't even be close to "show ready."

I will be bringing some printouts with some pictures of the work in
progress, a tack designer layout showing how the layout will be configured
and a "town plan" showing all the streets, buildings and vacant lots that
need to be decorated.

Also, in the late spring, I will be having a building party at my house to
work on the modules.  For anyone who wants to come down for the day or the
weekend, my house is your house.  I should be starting construction in 1-2
weeks.  (I am finishing the tables on Friday and am awaiting the 110 large
gray baseplates I ordered.)

Finally, if anyone can get me some of the Blue Tubs for $15-$17 each, I am
in need of several hundreds and would like either somebody to pick some up
for me if they find a deal or point me to where I can get them.  Thanks.
:-)

Mike Poindexter

Tom McDonald <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
You mean instead of, or in addition to the Fukaya room on Sunday March • 12th?

I'd guess "instead of", because we could only get the Fukaya room on a • Sunday.
The library is open only from 1 to 5 on Sundays.

However... I think maybe 1 to 5 is long enough, unless people anticipate
doing more than last time.

The only reason I thought that 10 - 5 was better was so that there was a • wider
spread of time for folks to drop in and out. Some folks find the morning
easier and leave early afternoon cuz of evening engagements.

If you can get the Albany library room on a March Saturday from 10 to 5 or
longer, and if people need the extra time, then that would work out • better.

Traveling from the southbay, folks might want a little extra time, as it's • the
better part of an hour's drive from San Jose to Albany. Also given that the
meeting was in Albany from 10 - 5, I don't see myself there exactly at 10 • but
would probly stay until 5.

Plus, I'd wanna see some stuff that would make it to the NMRA show ahead of
time on account that I'd like to contribute but don't know what we lack. • While
I can't do anything close to even one module, I could add other things.

I know we're not anywhere near some of the other LTC's as far as layout • size
and complexity, but I'd like to try some sort of "rehearsal" setup so I can
see what we got going for us (or not). Maybe others would like to see the • same
thing. This also helps to work out any kinks for the real show.

-Tom McD.