Subject:
Third BayLUG get-together (11/99) planning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:58:59 GMT

  I should have measured the height of the tables in Fukaya...how much
is the heighth difference between those tables and my PNLTC table? :-)

  We can plan to take over a few tables for the trains.

  Yes, we should ponder over a layout (one or two loops, plus siding(s).)

  Let's try to use Matt Bate's Track Designer 2.0, so we can trade
layout idea files, and I'll measure the Fukaya tables for some sizes.

  I don't think a kids area will be a bad thing...but I'd suggest that
we can minimize the problems by marking boundries for that play area,
maybe with masking tape on the rug? "You can build, but you must keep
the parts in this area." (That would minimize the problems of kids
going to the traders piles and adding bits to their models, I think.)

  I *do* think the kids area is a necessity, to help keep the visitors
around a bit longer, making the group appear larger to the passer-by.
I think the trains will also be a good attraction, based on the recent
experience with Mike P.s layout...but if they can't touch and play with
the trains, even the exitement of watching will wear off quickly, IMHO.

     -Z-

--
    The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) is open to kids of all ages.
homepage - http://BayLUG.org   membership - http://BayLUG.org/membership.html