Re: KTVU Offer for Lego Users Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:14:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom McDonald writes:
The other issue that may plague us, is that they expect the content
to be 'fresh', changing at least weekly. I quote again:

<gulp> As if this little project wasn't busy enough already.. :P
If no single volunteer appears, could we rotate weavers or something?

What if (and this wouldn't solve the problem entirely, but may help) what
if there were a straightforward way to extract a self-contained segment of
rotating content (a hunk of HTML code, in other words) periodically from the
lugnet.com webserver and drop it into your page (possibly via manual cut and
paste)?  And what if that HTML segment contained article clippings for any
range of articles you wanted, with links back to the full articles?

More specifically, would it be useful to BayLUG if the pages served by the
lugnet.com webserver could optionally generate "portable" URLs of the form
http://www.lugnet.com/glort/gonk.foo rather than server-relative URLs of
the form /glort/gonk.foo ?  Using the longer form of the URLs means that
the HTML data can be lifted out a page more easily for replication on other
offsite pages, for example the BayInsider page.

--Todd