RE: KTVU Offer for Lego Users Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:37:45 GMT

Hi,

Oh well, Some more thoughts:

I quote from Lorry's original note:
"and you can employ it as your main promotional tool or simply as a page
that bridges
out to another site you've already created."
This seems to me pretty clear that its OK to have links to our original
site. How many links have they removed so far?  I don't see this as a big
issue, unless they get a complaint about a link. If they want to control the
content and links to existing organizations' web sites, they won't get many
participants. I think its more of an out so they can kill links to
"undesirable" content...  Like the picture of my rear end on Russell's page.
;-D

If they want new content each week, how about we link in the loc.us.ca.sf
traffic for the last week, with Todd's OK of course.  I find it hard to
believe that Cox expects any small to medium sized non-profit or community
group to have something going on to report or update the site
"substantially" weekly.  Unless the group is the United Way or something
with loads of members, or weekly events. Lets just tell them we only have 1
big event each quarter, and "Thank you but we do not expect to require
weekly changes to the site."

I think we should tell them what we want to do, and let Lorry smooth it for
us!  The worst thing that happens is either they won't let us in, or we get
kicked off for not having sufficiently dynamic and compelling content, and
end up back where we are now. Fine with me.

Comments?
Mark