Subject:
MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 01:42:33 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

In case you missed it at the diner, or didn't make it to BW '03, (or a
BayLTC pizza meeting) Ross showed the prototype Maglev vehicle and short
"track" that he and I built. Eric Sophie was kind enough to snap and post a
pic of it. Its at:

Note the irregular spacing of the SNOT magnets on the vehicle. This was
definitely the hardest part to get it to work. We started with a
"3-rail" system in a "U" shape and a vehicle without a "spine" but couldn't
get it to work at all. Now all it needs is propulsion!

Mark & Ross Benz
BayLUG/BayLTC