Re: Idea for future small meetings? (Parts Draft)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 04:50:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, "Paul Sinasohn" wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, David K. Z. Harris writes:
How about a Parts Draft sometime?

Count me in. I suggest 1351 or 4709. :-)

  Hmmm...a set that costs $85, divided how many ways?

  In the other posts I had seen, I think the idea was that everyone who
wanted to participate would bring one copy a model (and everyone was
bringing the same model), and the model cost was between $5-25.

  Now, I understand that there are no real rules set for these parts
drafts. I'm just pointing out that when the boundries are not discussed
early, some folks may feel like they must exclude themselves. (I, for
one, don't think I can pony up $85 for a model 3-4 times a year, so
I'll be watching for meetings with cheaper limits. ;-)

  On the other hand, if the plan is for a 'group buy' of 3-4 $85 models,
split 6-12 ways, that seems more reasonable. (But, these initial posts
didn't discuss how many models, and how many people...or where
folks might meet, or when... :-)

  So, there seems to be some interest in finding some of the rarer new
parts. (The new Harry Potter magic shop is ~$10, and has a bunch
of smaller stuff, like four transparent colored wands, a few jewels,
and two white lamp posts...)  How much interest is there in folks
buying a $10 kit? A $25 kit? A $50+kit?  (If it's going to be a group
buy, what limit would you be comfortable with?) Me? I'm happier
in the $10-15 range. If it's a group buy, how about some trains? :-)

  Who else wants to have a say in the first BayLUG Parts Draft?
(Who wants to work on finding a place, or volunteer their house? ;-)

      -Z-