Subject:
Idea for future small meetings? (Parts Draft)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 06:11:15 GMT

  How about a Parts Draft sometime?

  The idea comes from the North Alberta LEGO Users Group, I think,
but it is catching on around the Pacific Northwest (VLC, SEALUG, etc.)

  The idea would be that the participants pick on a certain set, and
everyone each brings one copy of that set. The first part of the meeting
is spent organizing all of the like-parts together (all of the tan 1x2 bricks
together, all of the blue low-slope 2x3 roof bricks together, etc.). Once
all of the parts are sorted, then the draft begins, and everyone taks a
pick from the parts pile. (Someone picks the tan 1x2 bricks, someone
else icks the low-slope roof bricks, etc.) They also discuss that some
large piles are sometimes split into smaller piles, so that more folks
can benefit from them.

  It struck me as an interesting theme idea for a smaller group to try,
in case some folks are thinking about hosting a smaller meeting in
their neighbohoods this winter. :-)

  Here's a link to the North Alberta LEGO Users Group discussion
about Parts Drafts...

    http://www.graysage.com/nalug/Draft-011008/index.html

        -Z-    http://www.baylug.org/zonker/