 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 138
Re: Warthog Mark II, Xerxes, and Yetrigar-3 new MOC Mechs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 18:16:06 GMT

Hi Dave.

I really like the Yetrigar, with all the trans-green. Very cool. It reminds
me of the Iron Giant when he changed into his "war" mode.

Your other mecha are also very nice. Good job.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

From: "Dave Johann" <hardcoredj@techie.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.org.us.lugola,lugnet.loc.us.ca.la,lugnet.build.mecha
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 13:02:53 GMT
Subject: Warthog Mark II, Xerxes, and Yetrigar-3 new MOC Mechs

The LUGOLA meeting is in 6 hours, so naturally, I'm not sleeping-I'm posting
pics of my newest creations to Brickshelf. You can find them all at the
following link:

Construction notes:
Warthog-This is just a minor re-working of the previous Warthog mech into
something I feel more comfortable selling. The previous version contained too
many hard to find pieces for the price tag I was putting on it.

Xerxes-This was an experiment in yellow. It almost looks like it could be an
Aquazone creation. I've had the four-armed torso built for quite awhile now.
For
once, it was the legs that toom me awhile. I finally want back, decimated
Equinox, and built using those parts. Why mess with an idea that I know
already
works. Side note: this is what happens when someone challenges me to build a 4
armed mech.

Yetrigar-What happens when you mess with something that works! I wanted to
create a self-contained hip joint that didn't have the stopping mechanism I
traditionally use. Solution-make it a solid piece. Yetrigar is the most solid
mech I've made since Overkill due to this redesign of Colin's hip joint. The
downside: Yetrigar does fall backward on occasion. The 90 degree pic should
give
you an idea of the mobility built into this mech. Ironically, the arms are the
least mobile of anything I've every built. This is due to me wanting to keep
the
size down. Lastly, there is a cockpit with an operator inside, however, he
can't
get out. That was the trade-off I had to make.

-Dave