 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 137
Re: Warthog Mark II, Xerxes, and Yetrigar-3 new MOC Mechs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 16:43:55 GMT

Looks pretty cool.  I look forward to seeing them in person today!

Brad

Dave Johann <hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote in message
The LUGOLA meeting is in 6 hours, so naturally, I'm not sleeping-I'm • posting
pics of my newest creations to Brickshelf. You can find them all at the
following link:

Construction notes:
Warthog-This is just a minor re-working of the previous Warthog mech into
something I feel more comfortable selling. The previous version contained • too
many hard to find pieces for the price tag I was putting on it.

Xerxes-This was an experiment in yellow. It almost looks like it could be • an
Aquazone creation. I've had the four-armed torso built for quite awhile • now. For
once, it was the legs that toom me awhile. I finally want back, decimated
Equinox, and built using those parts. Why mess with an idea that I know • already
works. Side note: this is what happens when someone challenges me to build • a 4
armed mech.

Yetrigar-What happens when you mess with something that works! I wanted to
create a self-contained hip joint that didn't have the stopping mechanism • I
traditionally use. Solution-make it a solid piece. Yetrigar is the most • solid
mech I've made since Overkill due to this redesign of Colin's hip joint. • The
downside: Yetrigar does fall backward on occasion. The 90 degree pic • should give
you an idea of the mobility built into this mech. Ironically, the arms are • the
least mobile of anything I've every built. This is due to me wanting to • keep the
size down. Lastly, there is a cockpit with an operator inside, however, he • can't
get out. That was the trade-off I had to make.

-Dave