 Local / United States / Arizona / 74
Re: Next meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 19:50:04 GMT

I have no problem setting a date only a week or two in advance, my weekends
are usually pretty open.

I think you've got a good idea on brainstorming on what to do.
Unfortunately I don't have any ideas to throw out at the moment, but I'll
think about it and if I come up with anything I'll be sure to post.

In regards to what we have in common, the feeling I got from the last
meeting was that town was pretty common, except for me, I'm a space kind of
guy.  But I do find a lot of the town layouts that people have built very
interesting, its just not the realm to which my imagination flows.  But if
everyone would like to focus on town I'm cool with that.  I do like the
Res-Q stuff, which is town like.  See I guess I do have an interest in town.

-Jason

Oops almost forgot, no Dave that wasn't too much rambling.

I just thought of an idea for a meeting.  We could pick a theme or a concept
ahead of time and everyone could build a MOC to represent that concept and
we could bring our MOCs to the meeting to see what everyone has come up
with.  And if you're like me who doesn't have a lot of time in the evenings
to build, the bring a sketch or a description of what the MOC would look
like.  Kind of like a mini-building contest.  But it wouldn't be a "contest"
where we'd be competing or anything, more of way to see how everyone
interprets the concept.  It could even be spread over several meetings to
really allow for a design to be fully realized.

Questions...Comments...Thoughts...Ideas...Etc....Let me know.

In lugnet.loc.us.az, David Cybulski writes:
We certainly don't have a lot of posting going on.  Perhaps we need to
brainstorm on what we could do at the next meeting.  I think we also need to
focus on what areas we have in common, e.g. I like town and trains.  I don't
have many of my own creations; however, every once in a while I come up with
a good idea which takes me a while to build due to lack of parts.  I know
two friends at work that are into Technic (although only one would probably
show up to a meeting).

The soccer game is great.  I've had friends come over and play that for much
longer than one would expect for such a simple game.
Has anyone ever built a large tree like the ones you sometimes see in the
train displays?
I almost have the Statue of Liberty completed.

I would focus on having the next meeting in the near future.  For me I
always knew it was out there, I just forgot about it.  I still couldn't have
come, but I can more easily tell you what's going on next Saturday than two
months from now.

Was that a lot of rambling?  I was trying to throw some ideas on the table.
Please, someone else let me know if I said anything of interest.

-Dave

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Jason Ellis writes:
I'm not sure how much of it has to do with a problem with organizing as how
much it has to do with poor timing.  Everyone who had said they were coming
contacted me in one form or another to say why there weren't coming.  Jon you
had family, David C had little league, someone else was feeling ill and didn't
want to infect the rest of us, etc.  So it was either bad timing or everyone is
just good at making excuses.  I guess we could try again in a month or two.  If
it happens again maybe we do need help.

Jason

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Jon Kozan writes:
This doesn't bode well for AFOLs in AZ...
Any suggestions on how we can get organized better?

Maybe we should ask the other .loc (s) for suggestions...
-Jon

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Jason Ellis writes:
Nothing happened, everybody ended up canceling, which wasn't all bad I had
homework that needed doing that afternoon anyway.