 Local / United States / Arizona / 25
Re: Possibilites of AZ AFOL Meeting (was: Re: AFOLs in AZ - Add to the list)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 06:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Jon Kozan writes:
<<snip>>

You should consider some more investigation:
1) check through users on Brickbay - they register by state.

I don't feel comfortable searching through EBAY or other websites for email
addresses.  I always hate giving my email out to sites like that because I
don't want unsolicted emails.  I don't have a problem emailing people from
LUGNET since we all post knowing our emails are there, and this idea was
spawned while interacting with LUGNET.  Someone on EBAY or Brickbay may not
have ever heard of LUGNET or AFOL (I know its hard to believe but it could
happen) and if that's the case it may be kinda "creepy" getting an email
from somebody you've never heard of, wanting to know if you want to get
together.  If that's something somebody else feels comfortable doing feel free.

2) check LUGNET members, it's optional, but maybe it's somewhere to be found
by searching

Checked through the members listing and I have a list

3) Check older posts to this newsgroup

3)  I checked through the group for names.  This has been a pretty dead
group until a few months ago.  A lot of the messages are from 2 years ago.
I took down the names and then searched LUGNET to see if those people had
posted sometime in the year 2000, if so I've added them to the contact list.

4) check anyone selling LEGO on EBAY who hails from AZ

See #1

5) force me to check my BAYLIT customer logs

With regards to BAYLIT that's your site and you probably have a "feel" for
how your users would react to something like that, so if you know anybody on
there that would like to participate drop them a line.

Then:
A) Compile your emial list

Done

B) Announce the gathering to the list, and POST whereever's appropriate in
LUGNET

Will do sometime in the next few days.  I'll wait to see if I get anymore of
a response to this or the previous post, then I'll make an announcement

C) Solicit volunteers for hosting this thing - yourself?

Anytakers????  I might be able to do it at my house depending on what the
turn out is going to be.  I only have a two bedroom townhouse, so I can't
fit too many peopel.

D) Get people to commit to what they might bring / share / or want to do / theme

First time around I think anything goes.

E) Once you have a place get a date, or a few options and canvass the group
for the best data / time.
F) Arrange snacks / space / etc with the hoster
G) Hold the thing.

-Jon

Well it looks like we've got a start to this thing, hopefully it'll pan out
over the next week or so.

Jason